Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A thing or two about canning....


So this may not be the most enticing picture to convince people to can their own stock for soup but believe me it is worth it!  We used to just make stock and freeze it or use it right away but that took up too much of our freezer space.  We finally purchased a pressure canner at the beginning of this year and this is one of the few things we have canned with it. 
This is a really convenient thing to have in the winter when you want to make some quick soup. 
What a great guy!  He does all of the pressure canning...I am still afraid it is going to blow up in my face!
Have your kitchen clean and everything you need at hand...
Better than money in the bank (well almost)!

If you are interested in canning buy the Ball Blue Book on canning and preserving.  I made the mistake of trying to get all my info off the internet but people leave too much out!  I bought this book at Menards for $7.00.  Well worth it!  The best online resource is http://www.pickyourown.org/ although you still should have the book handy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment