Sunday, February 28, 2010

Apple sauce butter pancakes

So we have like a million jars of this "apple butter" I tried to make.  Ok maybe not a million but like 9.  Anywho I wanted to make it a bit chunkier and with less sugar then regular apple butter.  I really like how it turned out but I don't use a lot of apple butter so I still had 8 jars left.  One of my first jobs was in a little diner and the best thing they served were pancaked with apple pie filling dropped on top of them while they were cooking so the filling was in the pancake.  Good stuff!  I decided to use some of the chunky apple butter sauce stuff I made (like that title?).  They turned out really good so I wanted to post the recipe.  You could use applesauce or applebutter with the same results.  The recipe is as follows:



2c Flour
2 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1-1 1/4 c milk
1 c saucy type apple product
2 tbsps melted butter
2 tbsp vanilla extract
*optional add some cinnamon as much as you like

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt.  Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter in sepperate bowl.  Mix in flour mixture.  Add saucy apple product and mix.  Cook like you would a pancake and enjoy!

Also we got these in the mail today...


You screw these on to almost any jug type product.  Milk jugs, pop bottles, juice containers etc.  We got them from the Bountiful Gardens.  We got two so that if we can try a giveaway here soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment