Monday, February 22, 2010

Fruit and Veggie Wash

I have been looking for a better way to clean my produce lately.  Since we have to buy a lot of our produce from the store in the winter it is really important to get them as clean as possible.  I remember my grandma cleaning her produce with vinegar and when I did a little research I found this page which claims that if you spray hydrogen peroxide (the household kind, it will say 3% on the back) and then vinegar it is ten times more effective than vinegar by itself.  I just want to say that you should never mix these two in the same bottle as it is very dangerouse.  I bought two new spray bottles to keep these in so I can have them out to use when I need them.  Just spray one then the other and rinse under water.


Making our own cleaners has been a big step for us.  They are usually safer, cheaper, and use less packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment